Definition of Self-Regard
- Self-Regard refers to one's healthy and balanced sense of identity.
- It's about knowing yourself and honestly accepting your strengths and weaknesses - "warts and all."
Why Self-Regard is important
- People with high self-regard accurately assess their strengths and weaknesses.
- They openly acknowledge when they have made mistakes and feel comfortable asking for help.
- This not only helps them make smart choices but also engenders trust from those they interact with.
How ou can improve your Self-Regard
- Honestly assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Seek input/feedback from trusted friends/coworkers about how they see your list of strengths and weaknesses.
- Cultivate confidence and openness about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Handout 1
- Handout 2